A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning

 Good morning. I hate being a harbinger of bad news. But I have to report this. This is an eyewitness account.

On my way to work this morning, I saw a huge plume of fire spewing into the air. The fire burning in a neighbourhood that's so compacted with most of the houses being batchers. These house are so close it's even a great discomfort to find a narrow road leading in the neighbourhood.

As I quickened my feet and moved towards it I saw the locals bring in out their belongings in distress and panic mode. I just knew the fire was going to engulf a few more houses;the same fear the locals shared.

I tried calling a friend to warn her about the incident, but she didn't respond. I believe she was also responding to the incident. As someone withas a few years in fire fighting and prevention experience, I knew what to do. I tore a NEPA bill from one of the houses around and called a number on it to ask the responder to cut power supply to the Rumurolu axis. Moments later the power was out.

I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I saw the Fire Service headed the fire scene. Some proactive persons may have made that call. I assisted in creating a space big enough for them to operate, directed them, asked the locals to evacuate the scene and the firemen bravely swung into action.

As at the time of snapping the scene, the fire was about 80% under control. I had to leave for work.

I believe there wrong be any casualty. But a few persons will be rendered homeless in the interim.

story by  dearpreye



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSIC: BLACKJOZY - KIN BANI

MUSIC: Mr Lekki- One thing MP3

How to grow apple on any tree!!!